Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Family Ancestry & Coq Au Vin Delight

After the events of yesterday Kim and I both slept well.  Not often the M25 collapses in lane two close to Leatherhead.  Christine was to head off back to Storrington for 10 am to air her wares again as it were.  After the sales success of the previous evening things are looking very positive indeed.  Today is Saturday 15th November despite the date applied the blog.  Playing catch up and almost there.
 
Nice healthy breakfast lovely Ceylon Tea and then Bodium Coffee.  Had planned trip to Brighton but an early-ish morning conversation between Chris and I generated a change of plan, helped somewhat by the weather and as it turned out the closure of the rail service between Hassocks and Brighton.  While I showered and pruned myself Kim headed off walking to Hassocks Town Centre with Paul primarily so that Kim could raid Barclays Bank for more cash in pocket.
 
We convened in the front room before heading out to Hayward's Heath and the Cemetery.  The change plan was my desire to visit the headstone of my Grandad Frank and Nana Hannah,
 
 
 
to see the headstone and grave of my cousin Peter Franklin who died at 11 months old; Peter would have been 3 years younger than me had he survived.  It was
 
 
 
and to see the headstone and grave of my Great Grandfather William Albert Sutton who died in 1964 aged 84 years. 
 
 
 
Kim and I both have an interest in tracking our family histories and my sister Cherie and Chris are both  working ancestry here in the UK and Sheila Cavanagh Marks in the USA tracking the Greggaines family tree which connects to Nana Hannah. 
 
Todays visit will kick start our efforts on our individual trees.  I now need to know what has become of my father Michael William Franklin who, if still alive, would have reached 78 on 4th July this year.  Ancestry here we come...

Mid afternoon and a visit from Maggie, my aunt.  Maggie changes not one bit with time and is one of life's givers.  We spent 90 minutes catching up on family and relating out travels.  It was and always is a pleasure.

While Maggie was with us the England Rugby Union team managed to lose another test against South Africa.  Not looking good for the world cup next year unless a more settled and established side comes to pass.  I find some of the selections in the squad to be counter to that outcome.

The evening had us at Steven's home in Redhill for a Coq au Vin supper.  All in all we had a fantastic evening chewing the fat and catching up. Steven and Matt great hosts.

Another excellent day drew to a close and slept like a log barely describes the night.  Our next day was to be the finale for our trip and a trip into Chelsea and the 606 Jazz Club.  More news tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment