Thursday, November 20, 2014

Amnesia, Lincoln City, Partridges and Jamie Oliver


Sunday and the last full day at the Rings.  Today is about managing my short term amnesia which involves my backtracking events lost in time.  The price I have to pay for not keeping up to date on the blog.  So today will include a trip to Lincoln which actually took place on Friday.  Purpose of trip shopping for Kim and myself tagging along behind both Sal and Kim and keeping myself occupied.
Lincoln is a City steeped in History as these pictures show.
 
 
 
 
Note the narrow boat on the waterway in City Centre as well.  While the girls were shopping in Primark for Jim Jam's I drifted into Waterstone's and before I knew it had purchased Jamie Oliver's latest Recipe book Comfort Foods.  Half price I hasten to add.  I then spent a few minutes looking at the Disney Frozen window display remarking to myself how Disney has adapted over time without losing the same magic that made it so successful in the early days.
 
 
 

Yet again at the centre of today a game lunch.  Was going the be Pheasant but supply required a change to Partridge. 
 
 
 
Kim and Sal in the kitchen this time.  Bread Sauce and all the game trimmings; perfect wrap up meal and another special dish much attached to the UK and farm folk.  Wonderful lunch was followed by afternoon run back to Newark Rail Station to return Stef to the train bound for London.  A great reconnect in just two full days and nothing like the traffic chaos on Friday.
 
Both Kim and I were starting to realise that our acquisitions might create a baggage weight issue for our return flight but with days still to go we put the problem on the backburner.  Another pleasant evening passed without incident and bed again beckoned.  Earlier night in anticipation of long round trip via Northampton to Bristol next day.  Perfect chill time at the rings and the addition to my book wish list prompted by Stef.  Taking Command by General Sir David Richards.  Amazon stand by.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment